Thursday, February 25, 2010

Topless? I've got you covered.

Recently I got myself into a screen printing class to satisfy an old curiosity. By the third lesson I already sold a shirt! This is seriously something I would enjoy wasting my life on. Thanks to Jesse Hunsaker for the monster design and (hopefully) the robot. The monster design proved to be a pain in the neck as I didn't want to fit on one screen with the robot design. "Why not tilt them and fit them both?" I said and did. Getting the design straight and centered on the t-shirt was damn near impossible, but 2 t-shirts, a couple of practice shirts provided by the class, 6 pieces of practice paper, and you get one awesome shirt that went to Val for a low low price. I kept one of the mistakes and smeared ink all over it and called it art. I still have another mistake that I'd be willing to part with.

I will continue to include print designs in future blog post and (maybe) have it's own section/blog. Until then, if you see a design you like, let me know and I'll make one for you real cheap!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad they turned out for you. Jesse is really excited about you coming out here and you wanting to learn about screen printing. It is his passion of course. He even wants the 2 of you to go to the art store and buy a screen printing kit and make some shirts while you are here. He's already planning out the designs.

    ReplyDelete